Modest Tree is an award-winning modelling, training and simulation company located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We develop virtual training systems for operation and maintenance training and are experts in game-based technologies, mixed, augmented and virtual reality. Modest Tree provides customized training services and has developed an award-winning software suite, Modest3D, to rapidly create 3D interactive applications.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development and working closely with the Senior Executive team, the Account Manager will plan for, develop and secure new business opportunities for the Company.
To be an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present business development related presentations and business cases to senior management and customers
- Strong initiative and a self-starter
- Ability and willingness to learn technical products
- Strong analytical skills
- Hyper attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, commerce, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years relevant experience, preferably in a business development
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally; predominantly to the US
- Currently holding or ability to obtain Canadian Government security clearances.
- Work with VP of Business development to generate strategic business development plans to ensure sustainable revenue growth
- Act as a frontline person in providing information about technology to clients during demonstrations and presentations of the company’s products and services
- Participate in forecasting monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Market company products and services to prospective and existing customers, including making presentations and demonstrations; respond to requests for information pertaining to the products and services offered by the Company
- Work closely with marketing personnel in the development of sales collateral including presentations, brochures, whitepapers and more.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and target markets for growth; identify and develop potential customer relationships
- Develop and execute capture strategies and plans to secure new sales orders
- Lead and coordinate proposal activities
- Identify and explore customer needs; develop positive working relationships with both external and internal customers within the organization; serve as the primary interface with customers on all business development activities
- Data mining of market information to explore new ways to promote existing products
- Attend industry functions, conferences and trade shows
Compensation is negotiated based on level of knowledge and experience. Compensation structure is a base salary and commission.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.