Modest Tree is an award-winning modelling, training and simulation company located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We develop virtual training systems for operation and maintenance training and are experts in game-based technologies, mixed, augmented and virtual reality. Modest Tree provides customized training services and has developed an award-winning software suite, Modest3D, to rapidly create 3D interactive training. Modest Tree’s client focus is the aerospace and defence industry.
Reporting to the Programming Lead, the Fullstack Developer will work closely with the software development team to enhance the company website (both front- and back-end), develop application programming interfaces for our Modest3D software suite, and improve our Cloud services and DevOps work-flow.
To be an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience with server-side technologies like ASP.Net, NodeJS, databases and AWS/Azure
- Familiar with DevOps practices, such as continuous integration and deployment, configuration management, etc
- You want to constantly be learning and growing as a programmer. You enjoy working on tech that is pushing the limits
- A strong drive, work ethic and attention to detail are essential
- You work well in a team, doing some individual heavy lifting and collaborating with colleagues on common team goals
- You also must be comfortable independently prioritizing tasks
- You are someone that takes a lot of pride in your work and it shows
- A reference to your github portfolio would be beneficial
- Graphic design and UI/UX experience considered an asset
- Strong Git knowledge considered an asset
- Develop new websites and web apps as needed
- Build, scale and monitor new services
- Create API’s to enhance Modest3D suite of software
- Find new ways to enhance our use of web technology for increased productivity
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Currently holding or ability to obtain Canadian Government security clearances.
Compensation is negotiated based on the level of knowledge and experience.
If you feel you meet the qualifications for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.