Modest Tree is an award-winning modelling, training and simulation company located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We develop virtual training systems for operation and maintenance training and are experts in game-based technologies, mixed, augmented and virtual reality. Modest Tree provides customized training services and has developed an award-winning software suite, Modest3D, to rapidly create 3D interactive applications.
We are looking for an incredibly creative candidate who is agile at brainstorming and designing custom graphics that transmit ideas across digital platforms. You will create all graphical user interfaces, marketing images for brochures, motion graphics for multimedia campaigns and social media posts, promotional products including stills and videos, computer graphics and technical illustrations. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with a collaborative approach to design workable designs working with the sales and marketing departments will be essential. The ideal candidate will have high-end digital skills and be an expert with interactive media software, including graphic design and video editing to three-dimensional animation.
To be an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- 4+ years of experience in video editing, 2D animation & motion design software, hardware and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a graphic design, arts or animation discipline
- Mastery of one (or more) animation and video editing packages/software (e.g. After Effects, Final Cut, Sketch, Cinema 4D, Premiere, Final Cut Pro)
- Web design & video editing experience is a plus – specifically HTML5, CSS and familiarity with marketing automation platforms
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.)
- Collaborative and eager to flesh out varying ideas into your designs
- Able to work creatively in a fast-paced environment under fast deadlines
- Exceptional ability to communicate ideas through verbal, written and visual means and collaborate with internal parties regarding messaging
- A strong drive, work ethic and attention to detail are essential
- You work well in a team, doing some individual heavy lifting and collaborating with colleagues on common team goals
- You are someone that takes a lot of pride in your work and it shows.
- A Portfolio showing some of your past work in multimedia content, including animated videos and digital or print marketing graphics is the type of thing we like to see with an application
- Create key marketing and production-based materials such as promotional videos, graphics and other content as needed
- Participate in marketing strategic planning meetings on a project-by-project basis
- Maintain expert level knowledge of relevant design tools and technologies.
- Design posters, graphics and other solutions that meet marketing objectives and brand standards (e.g. social media, web, advertisements, event banners, blog etc.)
- Interpret creative briefs and articulate concepts, and translate ideas into visually compelling videos and designs
- Communicate concepts to directors, programmers and the marketing team via moodboards, links, sketches and proposals before commencing on design and production
- Utilize exceptional design, layout and diverse tools to create compelling digital content to promote our products and services
- Develop user interfaces for products, demonstrating a strong understanding of the end-user goal and working closely with the software development team to understand functionality.
- Take ownership for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary
- Other duties as required
Compensation is based on level of knowledge and experience. We offer a health/dental benefits plan and flexible work hours.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.