Modest Tree is an award-winning modelling, training and simulation company located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We develop virtual training systems for operation and maintenance training and are experts in game-based technologies, mixed, augmented and virtual reality. Modest Tree provides customized training services and has developed an award-winning software suite, Modest3D, to rapidly create 3D interactive applications.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development and working closely with the Senior Executive team, the Manager of Business Development will lead the Account Management team to develop and secure new business opportunities for the Company. The ideal candidate will be a highly adept at communication with a positive demeanor, an entrepreneurial spirit and the expertise to lead sales vertical.
To be an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing & sales, or engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in a business development role in the software industry.
- 2+ years of experience in sales team management
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required.
- Currently holding or ability to obtain Canadian Government security clearances.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present business development related presentations and business cases to senior management and customers
- Strong initiative and a self-starter
- Planning and project management skills
- Ability and willingness to learn technical products
- Strong analytical skills
- Hyper attention to detail
- Excellent business acumen – the ability to present oneself and the company in high regard during client or internal stakeholder meetings
- Strong communication skills, including ability to navigate up/down/across complex organizations
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and increasing revenue - developing new business and driving existing business through long-term business planning skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing a successful sales team with ability/willingness to mentor associates
- Extensive experience in high profile sales activities, such as conducting demo presentations to C-level executives and progress reports to internal management meetings
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive change in a constructive manner
- Work with VP of Business development to generate strategic business development plans to ensure sustainable revenue growth
- Develop and nurture the sales team as their point of contact for leadership and direction
- Act as a frontline person in providing information about technology to clients during demonstrations and presentations of the company’s products and services
- Establish and maintain lasting relationships with new customers and secure contracts which achieve assigned sales quotas and targets
- Forecast monthly, quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Market company products and services to prospective and existing customers, including making presentations and demonstrations; respond to requests for information pertaining to the products and services offered by the Company
- Lead and coordinate proposal activities
- Identify and explore customer needs; develop positive working relationships with both external and internal customers within the Organization
- Participate/coordinate in strategic alliances and other external business relationships
- Attend industry functions, conferences and trade shows
- Participate in the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing deals to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Go on client visits to discuss their needs and pain points, in order to sell Modest Tree’s software/services and demonstrate our value proposition
- Work with the account team to lay out short-term and long-term plans to enhance relationships at the appropriate level for the account
- Direct, delegate, and empower effectively, support account team in the development of sales plans
- Work with the company’s CRM to effectively manage and maintain all sales notes and customer interactions
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Compensation is negotiated based on level of knowledge and experience. Compensation structure is a base salary and commission.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.