Modest Tree is an award-winning modelling, training and simulation company located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We develop virtual training systems for operation and maintenance training and are experts in game-based technologies, mixed, augmented and virtual reality. Modest Tree provides customized training services and has developed an award-winning software suite, Modest3D, to rapidly create 3D interactive applications.
Modest Tree looking for a VP of Business Development who has a demonstrated track record of managing lead generation /business development/sales within fast-growing companies. The ideal candidate has strong experience in enterprise sales preferably in software solutions and services to worldwide markets.
You will also have demonstrated success in strategic and tactical planning. To shine in this role, you will bring a rare combination of experience, a hands-on attitude, technology skills, personal qualities, and education.
To be an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- 7+ years relevant enterprise sales experience preferably in the software industry
- 5+ years sales management experience, either at the Executive level or other management capacity
- Excellent business acumen – the ability to present oneself and the company in high regard during client or internal stakeholder meetings
- Strong communication skills, including ability to navigate up/down/across complex organizations
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and increasing revenue - developing new business and driving existing business through long-term business planning skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing a successful sales team with ability/willingness to mentor associates
- Extensive experience in high profile sales activities, such as conducting demo presentations to C-level executives and progress reports to internal management meetings
- Previous experience in building a sales team
- Strategic thought leader with a hands-on attitude
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive change in a constructive manner
- Participate in the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing deals to achieve or exceed sales targets
- Plan the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
- Establish and maintain lasting relationships with new customers and secure contracts which achieve assigned sales quotas and targets
- Go on client visits to discuss their needs and pain points, in order to sell Modest Tree’s software/services and demonstrate our value proposition
- Develop and execute product demonstrations and presentations
- Become a champion of Modest Tree through acquiring thorough knowledge of the products, services and the industry
- Draft and deliver proposals
- Elevate the dialogue with the customer at a strategic level to solve business needs
- Pursue new opportunities that align competencies with customer needs.
- Foster strategic thought leadership within account team
- Work with the account team to lay out short-term and long-term plans to enhance relationships at the appropriate level for the account
- Direct, delegate, and empower effectively, while having desire and ability to roll sleeves up as needed
- Be held accountable for personal and team sales goals, reporting on sales activities and KPI’s
- Work with the company’s CRM to effectively manage and maintain all sales notes and customer interactions
- Collaborate with the marketing team to execute lead generation campaigns
- Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of the company via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
- Provide feedback on ways to decrease the sales cycle, increase sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- Provide market feedback to leadership regarding competitive rates, prospecting needs and assist with product development ideas
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Compensation is based on level of knowledge and experience. We offer a health/dental benefits plan and flexible work hours.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.